Location: Boston, MA
Length: 12 Months
Interview Process: Phone then F2F
The Senior Developer works as a member of the Research and Market Data Team to design, develop, and support research applications.
- Design and develop software systems, working both independently and collaboratively with the rest of the team.
- Analyze and resolve production system issues independently or in conjunction with business system analysts to methodically reproduce a problem, identify root causes, and design a solution.
- Maintain and enhance any existing applications the team is responsible for.
- Manage technical debt, placing a high value on refactoring, collective code ownership, and improving the design of existing code.
- Provide advice and assistance to others throughout the company, subsidiaries, and partners.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, and Traders.
- Manage client expectations and balance priorities as part of the team.
- Full Stack development experience (Web UI, C# backend, SQL Server database).
- UI Layer - Experience developing Web interfaces using Angular2, Java
- Service Layer – Experience building restful C# web services.
- Persistence Layer – SQL Server database
- From a database perspective, ideal candidate would have:
- a working understanding of relational database design, including data modeling, normalization and denormalization.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Solid understanding of SQL, including knowledge of different join types and grouping, as well as SQL for creating schemas
- programming experience using Transact-SQL
- basics of SQL Server administration, security, index creation, and performance tuning
- Ability and desire to collaborate, sketch and discuss designs at a whiteboard, engage in pair programming, ask for help before you need it, and openly share code, designs, and ideas.
- Experience with the following techniques, libraries, and tools are helpful:
- Agile Methodologies – any of Scrum, Kanban, and/or Lean
- Test driven development (TDD)
- Git, Jira
- Overall 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years with web UI development – ideally experience with Angular2, Angular, React, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience programming with C#
- 3+ years of experience with SQL server
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to communicate with non-technical investment professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred