DatePosted : 12/2/2021 1:46:39 AMJobNumber : DTS1017194382
JobType : Full-Time
Skills: Excellent technical writing skills in U.S. English, Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP).
looking for a for a self-sufficient, results-oriented, and experienced content developer who can delve into complex product areas and deliver great content in a fast-paced continuous publishing environment.
- Closely interact with PMs, engineers, and designers to develop an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements
- Work with other writers on the team to come up with a cohesive documentation plan.
- Produce high-quality, customer focused documentation that
o Is clear and concise
o meets writing standards and guidelines
o is appropriate for its intended audience
- Incorporate peer, tech review, and editorial feedback.
- Keep in mind the information architecture and content structure while developing content.
- Adhere to schedules and timelines.
- Regularly improve content based on the available feedback (through bugs or through customer feedback from different channels).
- Excellent technical writing skills in U.S. English, including familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP).
- Experience documenting for business software, demonstrating the ability to create content about complex subjects for business users, business decision makers, and IT professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, work independently, and communicate updates regularly to your manager.
- A portfolio of writing examples that includes Help or content written for the web. Additional experience developing diagrams, videos, and other visual content is preferred.
- Experience in markdown authoring and Git would be a big plus.
SHARE THIS JOB