DatePosted : 9/29/2020 8:13:06 AMJobNumber : DTS1174236
JobType : Contract
Skills: Assists the legal unit with responding to public records requests in accordance with the Public Records Law and Fair Information Practices
The Paralegal will work Monday through Friday during normal business hours at EEC's Boston office located at 51 Sleeper Street.
- Assists the legal unit with responding to public records requests in accordance with the Public Records Law and Fair Information Practices Act by collecting, evaluating, reviewing, redacting and coordinating all relevant material.
- Ensures subpoenaed documents are appropriately prepared, including the gathering and redaction thereof in consultation with attorneys.
- Maintains databases and tracking systems to provide current accurate information on Public Records Requests and Legal Unit docket.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, regulations, judicial and administrative decisions, opinions, determinations and rulings in order to prepare legal memoranda, agency policies, and legal digests detailing the points of laws involved.
- Assist attorneys in preparing and mailing documents relating to EEC licensing, financial assistance, collective bargaining, background record check, procurement, and policy matters.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including the preparation of agenda and materials to be used at such meetings.
- Operates office machines required for completion of the legal unit’s duties.
- Fields phone inquiries to the legal unit and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive understanding of agency procedures and systems relevant to successful performance of job duties, including an understanding of internal agency IT systems such as LEAD, BRC Navigator and CCFA.
- Enters legal matters are entered into internal tracking databases and follows up on legal unit business with the Deputy General Counsel and/or General Counsel.
- Supports the legal unit with creating presentations, trainings and communications on the legal ramifications of legislation.
- Provides general legal assistance as required and assigned by the Deputy General Counsel, and General Counsel or his/her designee.
SHARE THIS JOB