Software Test Engineer
DatePosted : 3/20/2023 10:04:15 AMJobNumber : DTS1017254466
JobType : Contract
Skills: software testing, Visual Studio, Selenium, writing SQL queries or Eclipse IDE, REST/SOAP
Acts as tester and planner within the test team for software and other testing projects. Provides testing support for assigned projects in order to ensure products are free of defects before delivery to internal and external customers. Provides planning support and oversight for small project patches, hot fixes and ad hoc research projects. Develop extensive automated test suites to provide full test coverage of applications. Test efforts include analysis and validation of API/SDK/Web Applications and Services in the form of static reviews, unit, module, performance, load and integrated systems testing. Provides development, support and feedback to Test and Development Teams on testing projects, test tools and utilities.
1. Provides test planning, development and execution as a team member or work autonomously within Agile teams to develop extensive automated test suites providing comprehensive coverage of applications, including, but not limited to API/SDK/Web Applications and Services in the form of static reviews, unit, module, performance, load and integrated systems testing.
2. Creates and execute test cases, update defects, project tasks and reports for projects based on requirements, planning documents and ad hoc testing. Retests issues reported to verify defects are resolved.
3. Collaborates with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver software products, including building automation tools and frameworks to solve difficult testing problems.
4. Provides project and task estimate and status reports for individual tasks to Director of Test Services, Test Lead and project team members. Monitors project tasks timelines compared to project plan timelines, estimated hours and resources.
5. Performs other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to creating work instructions and training materials.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. Minimum Education (or Substitute experience) required:
• Associates Degree in MIS, CIS or related field
2. Minimum Experience required:
• 1+ years software development or 3+ years automated software testing experience, preferably with Visual Studio, REST/SOAP
• Experience working with automated test tools, preferably Visual Studio, Selenium, writing SQL queries or Eclipse IDE.
SHARE THIS JOB