DatePosted : 3/25/2021 7:34:08 AMJobNumber : DTS1017214299
JobType : Full-Time
Skills: SD WAN, Cloud Networking, deploying network devices, routing, switching, load balancers, WAN optimization
We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our Global IT Networking team with an in-depth knowledge of the planning, design, implementation and troubleshooting of networked systems.
Responsible for developing design engineering standards, deployment guidelines, implementation validation procedures, capacity management, and the research and development of new solutions across traditional and cloud networked environments. Position is one of a select group of lead network engineers within a growing global team driving change and digital transformation across the environment. Responsible for project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons. Participate in various RFP’s and evaluations of emerging network and communication technologies including AWS, Azure, OCI, SD-WAN, Wifi6, 5G, CBRS and others. Work with the operations team to coordinate the deployment of network design changes. Provide mentoring and various training of new design solutions and implementation guidelines. Embrace and lead with a proactive approach to network issues and risks including capacity management and issue detection.
11+ years experience in the development, management and implementation of a company’s internal data communications systems, including telecommunications, security layer, w/LANs, WANs.
Critical Skills -
- A minimum of 10 years experience deploying networking devices within either a 24x7 datacenter environment or global enterprise. Experience to include routing, switching, load balancers, WAN optimization and security layer.
- Cloud Networking – A minimum of 3 years of cloud networking experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, or OCI.
- SD-WAN - A minimum of 8 years experience with SD-WAN technologies including Cisco Viptela, I-WAN, or comparable technologies.
- Data Center Switching – A minimum of 10 years of data center switching environments including Cisco Nexus and/or Arista series.
- Branch Networking – A minimum of 10 years of enterprise across branch networking environments with a focus on wireless office and Meraki based solutions.
- Wireless – A minimum of 10 years of enterprise wireless experience across various environments such as office, manufacturing and distribution center networks.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with internal and external customers as a service delivery provider.
- Equipment / Cloud Env. – have diverse experience required in the design, implementation and troubleshooting on a wide range of environments and technologies to include – but not limited to:
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, OCI, GCP
- Routers – ASR, 4k, 1100 Series Routers
- Cisco Access Switches (3750, 4500, 4900)
- Meraki Access and Security Layer devices (MS390, MX250, Z3, MR56)
- Nexus Series at least 7k and 5k, with 2k and 1000V viewed as favorable
- Firewall Platforms (Palo Alto, Fortinet)
- Loadbalancer – F5
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient project management skills displayed through successful implementations, completing assignments, meeting timelines, and keeping within budget
- Strong preference for 10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet experience with both dark fiber rings and data center backbone connectivity
- WAN Physical Connectivity – Experience with edge router WAN circuit (Ethernet and Wave/DWDM) provisioning, configuration and troubleshooting.
- MPLS Topology and Connections - A minimum of four years experience with Telecom managed MPLS deployments. Preference for multi provider deployment experience.
- Routing Protocols – must be proficient with all common routing protocols used in a network environment to include (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Configuring and troubleshooting QOS for both WAN and LAN networks.
- A minimum of four years experience with debug\trace option commands and their impact on the production environment.
- Monitoring – strong familiarity with SNMP, Netflow, Syslog and packet captures.
- Experience with emerging technologies such as Trill, Datacenter Bridging, VPLS, OTV, etc.
- Directly applicable professional certifications are preferred – CCNP, CCDP, CCIE RS
- In depth knowledge of UNIX, Windows networking technologies and deployment methodologies.
- Internet Hosting – Internet BGP design and implementation with redundant ISP providers. BGP load balancing, CIDR advertisement, and prefix filtering via regular expressions
- Datacenter Hosting – Equinix or similar managed environment experience including an understanding of Cloud-to-OnRamp solutions and interactions globally.
- Familiarity with VoIP and collaboration platforms – Cisco, Avaya, or similar
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- CNNP, CCDP, CCIE RS certifications viewed favorably
SHARE THIS JOB