DatePosted : 7/28/2022 3:32:19 AMJobNumber : DTS101764441
JobType : Contract
Skills: Jira, Confluence, Miro and Microsoft Office products, Scrum Master
Location : NY
Rate : 67
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Technology Services requires those who receive a written offer of employment on or after February 1, 2022 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless a reasonable accommodation has been granted in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Hearst Technology Services is looking for a scrum master who has experience utilizing scrum and the Agile Mindset to help our teams execute on their strategies while improving the way they work. The Scrum Master would be responsible for working with multiple teams to execute their work, facilitating Scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives and stand-up meetings. As this is an infrastructure organization, the Scrum Master will employ different strategies with how to meet the needs of a team, recognizing that not all teams are at the same point in their Agile journey.
In addition to being the facilitator of the Scrum ceremonies, the Scrum Master will also be partnering with Product Owners to help them with their Quarterly Planning and visualizing their strategy through the use of roadmaps. They will also work with the Product Owner to uncover dependencies on other teams (internal or external) to ensure the proper negotiation of priorities and timing for their product delivery.
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the continuous improvement of each team the Scrum Master is engaged with including measuring team progress and identifying learning opportunities for team improvement
• Work in Jira to create and facilitate the use of Agile boards and filters for the team to work from
• Highlight risks of delivery and support the product owner to resolve or create contingency plans where appropriate
• Advise and coach the product owner in the prioritization of work within the scope of their product
• Remove impediments for the team to execute on work
• Be a champion of user experience
• Work with the entire project team to support the health of the project backlog
• Own the stand-up ceremonies and work with the product owner to decide on a meeting cadence that balances the need for communications and the workload that the project team is faced with
• Own the sprint retrospective ceremony and continually work with the team to apply lessons learned during prior iterations
• Work with all Scrum Masters to share information about what work is going on, what has been effective in terms of agile approach and when work is getting done to identify potential conflicts
• Assist the product owner in reaching out to other product owners when there is a dependency within the project to ensure there is knowledge of the work and negotiate appropriate prioritization of work
Skills that will help a Scrum Master be successful in HTS:
• Well-developed communication skills
• Capability to with business stakeholders to understand and document objectives and the value of work.
• Flexibility to work within an environment that has fluid requirements that take into account what is the most valuable work to accomplish at any given time
• Ability to manage the flow of information to all stakeholders of the project from sponsors to users impacted
• Knowledge of when to engage the right teams to meet the needs of the work
• 2 years experience as a scrum master, either on a software development or infrastructure team
• 3 years experience in information technology
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, Miro and Microsoft Office products
SHARE THIS JOB