DatePosted : 9/29/2020 8:13:06 AMJobNumber : DTS1017174235
JobType : W2-Contract to Hire
Skills: Maintaining general ledger and sub ledgers to include the preparation of more complex journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and general ledger monthly close
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor or Controller, this position performs duties at a senior level: general accounting, maintaining accounting records, preparing financial reports, ensuring internal controls are met, and other related duties in the daily administration of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining general ledger and sub ledgers to include the preparation of more complex journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and general ledger monthly close.
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations, verifying all bank deposits, and maintaining banking relationship with various banking institutions.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for various general ledger accounts.
- Tracking and monitoring grants income on assigned programs.
- Reviewing and recording monthly general ledger activity for commercial property buildings and maintaining relationships with outside property management companies.
- Coordinating with Community Development and Lending Departments on grant and loan disbursements for various funds and programs. Reconciling all loan payments on a monthly basis and working with the Lending Department on any discrepancies.
- Responsible for backup of Star Fund fiduciary activity including communication with fiduciary customers and transfers from Star Fund to fiduciary customers.
- Providing backup to other accountants as needed.
- Creating bank wires or transfers as needed for loan disbursements, grants, New Markets Tax Credit monthly transfers, etc.
- Performing escrow transfers for disbursement requests and opening and closing customer escrow accounts as needed.
- Making suggestions or recommendations for modifications to accounting processes.
- Providing guidance and assistance to other accounting department employees.
- Performing special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed by senior management.
- Assisting in preparation of annual Finance Department budget.
- Serving as the finance contact to various department managers within the Agency; approving budget for contracts submitted within the ePRF system for assigned departments.
- Performing other related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with minimum three years of accounting experience (equivalent training and experience can be substituted for formal education)
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Proficiency in software applications such as Excel and Word and operational knowledge of automated accounting and database management systems
- Advanced skills in spreadsheets are necessary
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear
- Must be able to operate office equipment
- Occasional reaching above shoulder heights or lower than the waist
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as required to file documents or store materials during the workday
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, distance vision and color vision
SHARE THIS JOB